- This document contains the basic framework of a privacy notice but does not include all applicable information, you will have to assess your business to determine what other information must be made available.
Pro Secure (PTY) Ltd Privacy Notice
CUSTOMER PRIVACY NOTICE
This Notice explains how we obtain, use and disclose your personal information, in accordance with the requirements of the Protection of Personal Information Act (“POPIA”).
At Pro Secure (and including this website, POPI Act-Compliance) we are committed to protecting your privacy and to ensure that your personal information is collected and used properly, lawfully and transparently.
Who we are:
Pro Secure has, since establishment, become one of the fastest growing and most responsive security companies in the industry.
We provide a vast number of services throughout our different divisions, namely physical and electronic security solutions, VIP close protection officers, fire detection & suppression solutions, pest control & hygiene services.
The type of personal information we collect:
We currently collect and process the following information:
We collect and process your personal information mainly to contact you for the purposes of understanding your requirements, and delivering services accordingly. For this purpose we will collect contact details including your name, ID number, contact details and residential or business address and contact information.
How we get the personal information and what we use is for:
Most of the personal information we process is provided to us directly by you for one of the following reasons:
We collect information directly from you where you provide us with your personal details in the form of a contract or request for quotation either in person, through email and / or telephonic platforms. Where possible, we will inform you what information you are required to provide to us and what information is optional.
We also receive personal information indirectly, from the following sources in the following scenarios:
Website usage information may be collected using “cookies” which allows us to collect standard internet visitor usage information.
We use the information that you have given us in order to:
We will use your personal information only for the purposes for which it was collected and agreed with you. In addition, where necessary your information may be retained for legal or research purposes.
- To gather contact information;
- To confirm and verify your identity or to verify that you are an authorised person for security purposes;
- For the detection and prevention of fraud, crime, other malpractice;
- To conduct market or customer satisfaction research or for statistical analysis;
- For audit and record keeping purposes;
- In connection with legal proceedings.
We may share this information with:
We may disclose your personal information to our service providers who are involved in the delivery of products or services to you. We have agreements in place to ensure that they comply with the privacy requirements as required by the Protection of Personal Information Act.
When will we process your personal information:
In terms of the Protection of Personal Information Act (POPIA), the justification ground which we base our processing on consist out of the following:
- The data subject or a competent person where the data subject is a child consents to the processing. Kindly note that you have the right to withdraw your consent;
- The processing is necessary to carry out actions for the conclusion or performance of a contract to which the data subject is a party;
- The processing complies with an obligation imposed by law on the business;
- The processing protects a legitimate interest of the data subject;
- The processing is necessary for the proper performance of a public law duty by the business;
- The processing is necessary for pursuing the legitimate interests of the business or of a third party to whom the information is supplied.
How we store your personal information:
Your information is securely stored:
We are legally obliged to provide adequate protection for the personal information we hold and to stop unauthorized access and use of personal information. We will, on an on-going basis, continue to review our security controls and related processes to ensure that your personal information remains secure.
Our security policies and procedures cover:
- Physical security;
- Computer and network security;
- Access to personal information;
- Secure communications;
- Security in contracting out activities or functions;
- Retention and disposal of information;
- Acceptable usage of personal information;
- Governance and regulatory issues;
- Monitoring access and usage of private information;
- Investigating and reacting to security incidents.
When we contract with third parties, we impose appropriate security, privacy and confidentiality obligations on them to ensure that personal information that we remain responsible for, is kept secure.
We will ensure that anyone to whom we pass your personal information agrees to treat your information with the same level of protection as we are obliged to.
Your data protection rights:
- You are entitled to access your personal data by sending a written request to firstname.lastname@example.org. We may charge you a fee for this service.
- You may also request Pro Secure to correct or supplement any of your personal data which Pro Secure will undertake as soon as practicable.
- Request the destruction of your personal data. Pro Secure will consider your request in light of any other laws or regulations prohibiting Pro Secure from destroying your personal data.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.Please contact us at email@example.com if you wish to make a request.
Name: Taryn Haley
Address: 200 Burman Drive, Morningside, Durban
Phone Number: 0861 227 444
How to complain:
If you have any concerns about our use of your personal information, you can make a complaint to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also complain to the Information Regulator if you are unhappy with how we have used your Information.
Their contact details are as follows:
The Information Regulator (South Africa)
33 Hoofd Street
Forum III, 3rd Floor Braampark
P.O Box 31533
Braamfontein, Johannesburg, 2017
Complaints email: complaints.IR@justice.gov.za